Bright, shining eyes radiate good health. We have some tips and tricks (in no particular order) for making the most of your eyes.
- Wear sunglasses. Not only do sunglasses protect your eyes from damaging UVA and UVB rays but they also keep the sun from the delicate skin around your eyes. Sun damage will increase crow’s feet whereas UVA and UVB protection means youthful, younger looking skin.
- Your eyes are vulnerable to infection so always clean your hands before touching your eyes. It is also important not to rub eyes as this can result in a corneal abrasion
- Using the correct mascara will thicken your lashes and better frame your eyes. Try this guide to choose the right mascara for you. Or why not try a mascara from Indigo and Iris, they are a brilliant company that give 50% of their profits to treating curable blindness in the Pacific.
- Consider wearing undereye gel patches, while you do your eye makeup. They will catch any eyeshadow while depuffing your undereye.
- Keep the skin around your eyes hydrated using great daily skincare; and be very gentle – your skin is very delicate. We use our facial Cleansing Oil to remove eye make-up which helps put moisture back into the area around our eyes and conditions eyelashes. We then follow with our facial Rejuvenating Oil to lock in that hydrating goodness.
- Try using two liners — black on top, brown on the bottom — to define your eyes. It makes them stand out but not look heavily lined.
- Creating depth with eyeshadow creates the illusion of bigger, bolder eyes. It is easily done by applying a light-coloured shadow to the eyelid and then applying a darker colour to the eyelid crease. All you need to do then is blend, blend, blend. For those of us who are not confident with applying eyeshadow, YouTube is a great resource. We like this beginners guide to eyeshadow.
- Tap a lip balm over the middle of your eyelids. It makes you seem more awake by giving your lids a healthy shine.
- There are lots of home remedies that are said to help correct all manner of eye issues from puffiness to dark circles. This website has a range of 100% natural remedies that are worth trying.
- A diet that is heavily plant-based (including a vegan diet) will give you the best chance of getting all the nutrients your eyes need for good health.
- Try a blue-tinged eye drop for very white eyes.
- Apply concealer in a triangle shape under the eye. Follow the steps in this guide.
- To get the most out of your eyelash curler, warm it with your hairdryer before applying it to your lashes (make sure it isn’t too hot) and use it for at least 20 seconds.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your eyes bright and hydrated.
Why not try a couple of our suggestions to make your eyes look their best?